The Women’s Ministry is committed to encouraging the women of our church and community to love and follow Jesus. It is our goal to raise up a generation of women who passionately seek after God, who know His Word, who want to serve others, and who desire to finish faithfully.
2020-2021 Ministry Year
- Growing in God’s Word: includes Bible Studies & Discipleship. Click for Growing in God’s Word or scroll down.
- Growing in Mission: includes Harvest, an outreach opportunity with our mission partners. Click for Growing in Mission or scroll down.
- Growing in Faith & Community: includes many of our special events. Click for Growing in Faith & Community or scroll down.
- Click here to download a pdf of our brochure.
If you have questions, feel free to email Kelley Brown at email@example.com. Thank you!
GROWING IN GOD’S WORD
Studies begin the week of September 14th. Groups will meet in a socially-distanced format at the church unless stated otherwise but will transition to online Zoom meetings as needs or restrictions arise. We are not able to offer childcare at this time.
- 9:30 am: Steadfast by Courtney Doctor, led by Katherine Galloway and Amy Pattillo, A219
- 10:30 am: The Church and the Racial Divide: Finding Unity in the Race-transcending Gospel by Trevor Atwood, led by Meredith Telfair (7 weeks) *This study will meet on Zoom.
- 6:30 pm: Everyday Theology by Mary Wiley, led by Sara Beth Schneider, *This study will meet on Zoom.
- 10:00 am: Matchless: The Life and Love of Jesus by Angie Smith, led by Kelley Brown. *This study will meet on Zoom.
- 6:30 pm: New Creation in Christ, led by Jane Hall (8 weeks), A217
- Morning: Micah – An audio study led by Kelley Brown, With unpredictable schedules and some households schooling at home, we’re offering a bible study option that can be accessed at any time of the day. Kelley will be teaching through the book of Micah, and the audio lessons will release weekly on Wednesday mornings. Please register below if you would like to receive weekly reflection and study questions via email.
- 6:30 pm: Be the Bridge: Pursuing God’s Heard for Racial Reconciliation by Latasha Morrison, led by Laura Thompson (book study), A221
*All studies require a book except for New Creation in Christ led by Jane Hall and Micah led by Kelley Brown. You have the option to get the book on your own or when you register you can have the church order your book for you. All books ordered through the church will cost $14 each.
Kairos Greek: New Opportunity to Enrich Your Bible Study!
Have you ever been curious about Biblical Greek and how it can transform your study of the New Testament? Now you have the opportunity to learn in a real class with real classmates and a real teacher in a live online format. It’s like having a seminary class in the comfort of your living room or office! And we have arranged for Kairos Greek to teach a class specifically for our MBCC Women.
Greek 1A – MBCC Women
Thursdays, 9:30-11:00 am
September 24 – November 19 (9 weeks)
All of Kairos Greek’s courses are taught online using Zoom Meetings’ interactive whiteboard feature. You will follow the lessons, take notes, ask questions, and engage in discussion just as you would in a university classroom. Founded by Ryan Martin, a Beeson Divinity School graduate and Birmingham resident, this program makes learning the original New Testament language fun and affordable! Course tuition is $239.
Learn more at kairosgreek.com, where you can also register for alternate class days and times. If you would like to participate in the MBCC Women’s Class on Thursday mornings, please click below to sign up. After signing up here, you will be sent our private link to the Kairos site to register and pay.
A discipleship group (D-group) consists of 5-8 participants who commit to meeting together weekly for 18-24 months for the purpose of spiritual growth and replication. Following the daily Bible reading plan in the book, Foundations, they read Scripture, journal their impressions, and then meet to discuss. Upon completion of the book, each participant prayerfully considers launching her own D-group. If you are interested in committing to a discipleship group, please click the box below to fill out an interest form by August 31st, and we will be in touch with you soon.
GROWING IN MISSION
Throughout the year, we periodically gather on a Wednesday morning to serve with one of our church’s mission partners. We have two dates lined up for the fall. Please register online so we will know how many people to expect. No childcare available.
- September 16, 9:30 am-12 pm: Serving You Ministries
- November 4th, 9:00-11:00 am: Christian Service Mission
Dependent upon COVID-19 restrictions, additional opportunities to serve may include gardening at Grace Village Community Garden and visiting residents at The WellHouse. We will post opportunities as they arise.
GROWING IN FAITH & COMMUNITY
What is Mentoring?
Based on Titus 2:3-5, mentoring is a ministry that benefits women of all ages. An older woman invests in the the life of a younger woman through listening, guidance, prayer, encouragement, laughter, and good company.
Mentors meet with their mentee at least once per month and maintain weekly contact via text, phone calls, email, etc. The meeting format is informal and flexible, ranging from coffee dates or meals out to visiting in each other’s homes to simply running errands together. Mentors will be provided with discussion questions based on the Equipped monthly podcast content to share with their mentees and facilitate conversation and spiritual encouragement.
While a mentor is expected to pursue and reflect Jesus, she is simply one who has gone before us and can offer insight and wisdom from her life experience thus far. If you’re interested in being a mentor, mentee, or both, please register online by August 31st. Please click here to read further details about what is expected of a mentor and how we will help prepare you.
Our ladies’ Book Club will meet the first Monday evening of each month (October-May) at the church at 6:30 pm to discuss a designated book each month which will vary in genre. The first book to be read and discussed at the October meeting is The Heart Mender by Andy Andrews. No childcare available. Please register by October 4th.
Fall Dates: October 5, November 2, December 7
Every month, the Women’s Ministry will release an episode that covers a topic related to spiritual growth and faith. You’ll hear from women in our church family who will share both encouragement and practical suggestions. The hope is that you’ll feel more equipped for challenges such as: overcoming fears of praying aloud, handling confrontation with grace, studying the Bible on your own, and even using social media for the glory of God. Stay tuned!
Women’s Beach Retreat
April 22-25, 2021
San Destin, Florida
Save the date and pray! Join us as we rest, relax, and refresh together at the BEACH! This is a wonderful opportunity to grow deeper in your faith, spend time with friends, and connect with women of all ages. Look for more details and registration info in January 2021.