Our mission is to minister to and encourage each child to respond to the love of God by surrendering their lives to Him and to help families in laying a foundation of biblical truth for life. We place a high priority on providing a safe environment where kids can make friends while learning about God’s plan for their lives through a gospel-centered curriculum, adult-led group discipleship, and Christ-focused worship.
Resources During COVID-19
- Each Sunday, we are sending out the video with the lesson for the week. We will also provide a summary and some discussion questions you can do with your kids. If you are not receiving these emails, please let us know so we can fix it!
- MBCC Kids Worship & Teaching Lesson for March 29th: CLICK HERE
- MBCC Kids Worship Lesson from March 22nd: CLICK HERE
- We are also sending out an email each Monday with resources and helpful information. Please watch for this email weekly! We will also post some of these links below.
- MBCC KIDS Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0NWCujZrr2ZS2e5YSNZsp8
- Daily Bible Reading & Devotion: http://www.truthforkids.com/devotional#.XnEn0Rd7kUt
- RightNow Media: Don’t forget about this FREE resource available to our MBCC families. RightNow Media offers hundreds of kids’ shows, movies and songs that are engaging, fun, and best of all, gospel-centered! https://www.mbcc.us/rightnowmedia/
- Mission Challenge: Use sidewalk chalk to write bible verses on your driveway for others to see and be encouraged by. Take a picture and tag it @MBCC_Kids on Instagram so that those who don’t live near you can see your encouraging verse and artwork!
- Memory Verse Challenge: Memorize Joshua 1:8-9 (or just 9) with your kids
- MISSIONS ACTIVITY FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 30TH: We are partnering with Dr. Steven Russell and UAB to write cards and notes of thanks, encouragement, and love to nurses and doctors helping to fight COVID-19. I am hoping every one of you will make AT LEAST one! We will have a box for 4k/5k, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades so that each ICU and ward will be covered. We would love to cover these doctors and nurses in cards with verses and words of encouragement. NO GLITTER, GLUE, or STICKERS. Please just markers, crayons and colored pencils on regular sized paper (folded in half). PLEASE DELIVER THE CARDS THIS FRIDAY, APRIL 3RD, BETWEEN 9-2! THE BOXES WILL BE OUT IN FRONT OF THE KIDS’ MINISTRY DOORS.
Rocky Railway VBS – Jesus’ Power Pulls us Through
June 8-11, 2020
Registration is now open volunteers. Please click below to register.
MBCC Kids Team
From left to right: Lauren Caldwell (Intern), Dana Sheheane (Director), Cameron Spink (Assistant), Joy Martin (Intern), Caroline Campbell (Assistant), Julia Denson (Worship & Choir)
MBCC uses the security check-in system: KidCheck. This system is state of the art, streamlined, and user friendly. It allows for superior check-in speed & security. Parents, volunteers, and staff will find the ease of use & advanced features helpful & reassuring. Click the button below and follow these steps to register in advance online.
- Click “I am a parent and want to create a free account.” Then click “I have never used KidCheck before.” (bottom right)
- Enter pertinent info and click register. Be sure to list Mountain Broom Community Church as your home organization.
- Add kids and approved guardians to your account, save, and you’re done!
- Only ONE parent’s name should be designated to an account. This person will be listed as the primary guardian. The primary guardian will list the kids and can add a spouse or other approved guardians.
- We advise the spouse or other guardians to expand their account after being added. Then, we will be able to send texts to them as well. Spouses & non-primary guardians will not need to list the names of kids on their profiles.
- Allow text messaging for emergency contact purposes and and ministry-wide announcements.
NO CORPORATE GATHERINGS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE