The Grandparenting Ministry at MBCC exists to develop fully devoted followers of Christ who love God and love others within the context of multi-generational families. Grandparents are in a unique season where they have influence on multiple generations and a lifetime of experience to share. As Crawford Loritts says, “We are stewards of time we cannot see.” Our goal is to inspire and equip grandparents and senior adults to intentionally pass on their faith to future generations. (Deuteronomy 4:9, 6:2, 5:7, Psalms 78:1-7) We do this through:
- Monthly Gatherings: We are taking a break for the summer, but stay tuned for future gatherings!
- Grand Monday Nights: A free, national weekly webinar that airs on Monday evenings at 7 pm with a replay during the week and messages on demand. This national program is presented by Legacy Coalition and is available at: https://legacycoalition.com/grand-monday-nights/
- National Grandparents Day: September 10, 2023
- 2023 Legacy Grandparenting Summit: Oct 19-20, 2023. Simulcast Site at MBCC. Click here for more info and to register.
- The Legacy Coalition is an organization whose purpose is to encourage the local church to minister to grandparents as they encourage and influence their grandchildren and future generations: www.LegacyCoalition.com
- Christian Grandparenting Network is an organization devoted to challenging those in mid-life and beyond to finish the race well as conduits of God’s grace and truth so that future generations will know, love and serve Christ. CGN is committed to helping individuals and churches cultivate “intentionality” in inter-generational ministry by focusing on and strengthening the grandparent-grandchild relationship, and taking seriously their role to make much of Christ and His Gospel to the next generations: www.ChristianGrandparenting.com
- 5 Resources for Christian Grandparents: Click here.
- The Magic of Intergenerational Ministry: Click here.
- Let’s Talk Conversation Cards: Spark meaningful conversations with your grandchildren using these 142 age-specific questions you ask them or they ask you, all on a handy ring. Click here.
- Prayer Placemat: Prayers for My Grandchildren Desk Pad Click here.
- Legacy Planner: More than just a planner or calendar! It’s a practical tool to inspire and encourage you to have a greater spiritual impact on your family all year long. Click here.
- Grandparenting Matters: 6 session small group study. Click here
- The Christian Grandma’s Idea Book by Ellen Banks Elwell
- Grandparenting with Grace: Living the Gospel with the Next Generation by Larry E. McCall
- Equipping Grandparents by Dr. Josh Mulvihill
- Grand Parenting by Dr. Josh Mulvihill
- Discipling Your Grandchildren by Dr. Josh Mulvihill
- The Sticky Faith Guide for Your Family: Over 100 Practical and Tested Ideas to Build Lasting Faith in Kids by Dr. Kara E. Powell
- Don’t Miss It (parent every week like it counts) by Reggie Joiner and Kristen Ivy
- A Generous Life by David Green with Bill High
- Giving It All Away (and getting it all back again; the way of living generously) by David Green with Bill High
- The Generosity Bet (secrets of risk, reward and real joy) by William F. High
- Your Life…Well Spent by Russ Crosson
- Celebrate Grandparenting! (101 ideas to intentionally connect with your grands) by Elaine McAllister
- Cousin Camp (includes ideas for all types of family reunions) by Susan Alexander Yates
Worship Times: Sundays at 8:30 and 11:00 am, Community Groups at 9:45 am.