We believe the story of Christmas is ours to tell. So, instead of fighting traffic, buying a bunch of stuff, etc. we have a challenge for you: Worship Fully, Spend Less, Give More, and Love All this Advent season. Let’s tell the real story of Christmas – the story of a King coming to save His children. The story of Jesus.
To help tell this story, we ask you to change the way you do Christmas.
- First, in November, serve with our hands on opportunity: Operation Christmas Child
- Second, in December, buy less and give more. We encourage you to buy one less gift and give away what you would have spent for the sake of the Gospel. Give the funds to Advent Conspiracy at MBCC and together we will give away 100% of it to our Advent Conspiracy partner.
Buy Less, Give More
This year our Advent Conspiracy project is Compassion International’s We Rise As One Campaign to combat COVID-19. We encourage you to buy less gifts this Christmas and give away what you would have spent for the sake of the Gospel. This is the Advent Conspiracy. 100% of what we raise together will be given away to support this project.
What is Compassion International and We Rise as One?
- Compassion International is a child-advocacy ministry pairing compassionate people with children living in extreme poverty to release the children from spiritual, economic, social, and physical poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Compassion operates in 25 different countries in 4 geographic areas: Asia, Africa, South America, and Central America. Many of you already sponsor children through Compassion.
- We Rise As One is Compassion’s global campaign to help combat the effects of COVID-19.
- Due to COVID-19, 130 million people are facing starvation, and a shrinking of incomes, has pushed nearly half a billion people back into poverty.
- Compassion will used funds collected through the We Rise As One campaign to support crisis interventions that provide stability to children, their families, and greater communities. These funds empower the local church, who knows its community best, to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
- Funds will be targeted towards four different areas: Food & Nutrition, Hygiene, Shelter, and Medical Care.
How can we help?
- A pandemic like COVID-19 plus the challenges of poverty could result in disaster. However, Compassion, through their partner churches around the world, is courageously delivering essential items to desperate children and families along with sharing the hope of Jesus Christ.
- We can help by giving to provide food, water, hygiene essentials, medical care, and shelter.
- Our goal is to raise $100,000 for Compassion International’s We Rise As One campaign. Together we pray, we take action, and WE RISE AS ONE as the global church.
How do I give?
- Check: Make checks payable to MBCC with “Advent Conspiracy” in the memo line.
- Online: Go to mbcc.us/give or click below. Please designate your donation as “Advent Conspiracy.”
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205-802-7070.
Video from the December 6th Worship Service
Video from the November 22nd Worship Service
Video from the November 29th Worship Service