“It is grace, nothing but grace, that we are allowed to live in community with Christian brethren.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
You’ve probably heard me say, community is more than our middle name. It’s who we are. It’s who Christ has called us to be. For over 25 years, I’ve had a front row seat watching God transform our church family into a genuine community of faith – a place to belong, to grow, to serve, to know and be known, to love and be loved, to care for and to be cared for by one another. So, let’s continue to press on together to know and follow Christ while inviting others to join us on the journey.
I carry a quote in the front of my Bible that simply says, “When the world sees a church from which selfishness is banned, then it will acknowledge the divine mission of Christ because He has wrought such a wonder, a community of people who truly and heartily love one another.” I praise God for the privilege of being part of the community known as Mountain Brook Community Church! – Tim Kallam
After much prayer and consideration, the Elders believe that the best way to facilitate our growth is by adding:
- A new youth wing with much needed space for our growing student ministry
- Additional space for kids ministry plus a new 4th and 5th grade area
- 4 new community group rooms and fellowship area
- This new addition will cost approximately $5.4 million, and we plan to break ground in August 2021.
- Please continue to read below for more information and to partner with us by making a financial commitment.
- Our Kids’ Ministry has over 50 kids per elementary grade level (PreK-5th grade) and represents 21 different elementary schools.
- We need more classrooms to enable us to divide the kids into smaller groups of students as well as have a designated space for our 4th and 5th grade students.
- This new addition will provide more rooms for kids ministry.
- This will also allow us to launch a new 4th and 5th grade ministry, Root 45, by giving them a place they can call their own.
- The Youth Ministry (6th-12th grades) has tripled in size over the last 5 years.
- Our Youth Ministry has recently divided into middle school and high school specific ministries thus creating a need for more space.
- The ministry needs separate spaces for play, fellowship, discipleship and worship.
- This youth wing creates a new worship room with seating for 200 students.
- It provides a new kitchen and fellowship area along with direct access to the gym and an outdoor gathering space with large garage doors.
- Community Groups are critical to the life of our church
- In the last 10 years, we have tripled the number of people who are actively involved in our Community Groups.
- This new addition will create 4 new Community Group rooms with larger capacities to accommodate growth.
- It will provide a new fellowship area with better flow between existing and new rooms.
Please click on the thumbnail images below to enlarge.
Is this the best option?
The pastors and elders of MBCC remain committed to our mission of developing fully devoted followers of Christ who love God and love others. After months of discussion and prayer, our leadership believes that this new addition and renovation of the gym is the best option and the most effective tool for us to continue pursuing our mission as a church family.
What will the new construction cost, and how will we pay for this?
The total construction cost estimate is $5.4 million? (which includes equipment, furnishings and other related costs). We genuinely desire to be good stewards of the property that God has given us for ministry and of our financial resources. Our goal is that 100% of the cost of this project will be raised through 4 year pledges from our church family. As of May 2021, the church currently has zero debt, and we hope to have this short-term debt for the new addition paid off at the end of the 4 year pledge period.
What is the timeline for new construction?
We anticipate 9 months of construction, and we plan to break ground in August 2021. There will obviously be some inconveniences that we will experience during this period, but we are committed to continuing to use our current facility, with the exception of the gym, for ministry during the construction period.
Will our ministries or our local or global mission partners suffer because we are spending such a large amount on construction?
Our pastors and elders are committed to continuing to grow our ministries and our partnerships in missions, and the construction should not adversely affect this process. Our prayer is that once completed, these new facilities will be a tool that will have a long-term positive effect on our ministries and mission partnerships.
What are you asking me to do?
We are asking everyone to take time to understand our facility needs, to consider the benefits of this new addition and to pray about how God is leading you to participate in this project. A sacrificial commitment, over and above regular giving, is a huge decision for each family in our church.
The campaign goal of $5.4 million may seem like a daunting amount to us individually, but if we, the hundreds of families who attend MBCC, are willing to commit together as a church family, this goal is very attainable. We desire the Holy Spirit to clearly lead each of us in the amount that we pledge.
After reading through this page of the website, the brochure you received in the mail, and spending time in prayer, we invite you to consider your response and make a financial commitment by May 31st.
Please click the button below to submit your commitment online. We encourage everyone to submit their commitment online, but you also should have received a commitment card in the mail. If you prefer, you may mail or drop the card off in the church office or the offering boxes in the foyer by May 31st.
If you have further questions, please contact: Scot Cardwell, Church Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Worship Times: Sundays at 8:30 and 11:00 am, Community Groups at 9:45 am.