COVID-19 Updates & Resources
We will be using this page as our central hub to provide you with resources and updates during this time. Please check back often for the latest updates. Please see Tim’s video below, and then scroll down for helpful resources. Thank you!
March 28th Message from Tim
Info and Resources
- During this time, the church campus is closed. No meeting, events, or gatherings will occur until further notice.
- Each Sunday, we will show a live stream of the service at 10:00 am. We invite everyone to join us together live, but if you miss the live stream, you will be able to watch or listen to the sermon later anytime you wish. How to watch the live stream:
Visit this page of the MBCC website: https://www.mbcc.us/media/live/
Watch on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MBCCnews/
Watch on our MBCC app: You can download the app by searching Mountain Brook Community Church in your app store.
Roku or Apple TV Users: If you have Roku or Apple TV, we encourage you to follow these steps to watch the live stream directly on your TV.
- Download the “BoxCast” channel or app. Open the BoxCast app and click “Find an Organization.” Search Mountain Brook Community Church.
- That will take you to our page, and you will see where it has our Live and Upcoming Broadcast which will go live on Sunday morning at 9:55 am.
- Wednesday Round Table Discussion: some of the pastors will conduct a round table discussion about the prior Sunday’s sermon. This will be posted by mid-afternoon on Wednesdays, beginning March 18th, and can be found at this link or in your podcast feed.
- Kids’ Ministry will be sending out emails on Sundays with the teaching, worship, and the lesson for the week.
- On Mondays, we will send out additional resources and helpful info via email.
- You can also access some of this information on the Kids’ page.
- Our youth staff will be hosting Youth Group and Growth Groups via instagram live (@mbccyouth). Daily devotionals will also be posted.
- Click here for all of the details.
- We will be launching a couple of virtual Bible Studies. Please click here for more info.
- The following previously scheduled women’s events are now cancelled: beach retreat, harvest & table.
- Our College staff will host Common Table on Wednesday nights and a prayer time on Sunday mornings via the Zoom app.
- Both girls and guys small groups will be meeting digitally as well.
- Please click here for all of the details.
March 25th Round Table Discussion
March 24th Video: Message from Tim
March 21st Video: Update from Tim
March 20th Video: Tim with Drs. Stephen & Gretel Russell
Websites Referenced in the Video:
March 17th Video Statement
March 13th Statement
We want to inform you about some very important information about how we are responding to the global health pandemic known as the coronavirus (COVID-19). The staff and elders have made the decision for us to not gather corporately for worship services this Sunday, March 15. This difficult decision was made based on the best information we had from health professionals along with the strong recommendation from the Jefferson County Health Department.
It was reached after much prayer, deliberation and counsel. We believe that the best way we can care for those in our church family and surrounding communities, especially the most vulnerable, is to avoid gathering in large groups at this time in order to minimize the spread of the virus. However, our staff will be present this Sunday to live stream services at both 8:30 and 11:00. We invite you to join us for worship via Facebook, the MBCC website, or our app. If you have not done this before, please see the instructions below.
Although we will not gather corporately this week, we will no less continue to be the church in this challenging moment in history. Let us be a people of faith. While we exercise caution and wisdom, we do not succumb to fear. Rather, in the face of uncertainty we root ourselves in the steadfast love and faithfulness of God. We don’t deny the reality of the circumstances around us but our faith in God is the lens through which we view those circumstances.
We must also be a people of prayer. Let us call upon God. This is the perfect time to apply much of what we learned in our series, “Learn to Lament-Dare to Hope”. Turn to God in prayer before you turn to your phone for the latest update. Pray for those most affected by the pandemic. Pray for the health care workers. Pray for those in positions of authority who are making critical decisions. Pray that many would turn to God for hope.
And, let’s be a people of compassion. Consider ways you can practically care for others. The legacy of the early church is how they cared for others. This is a time for us to carry on that legacy. “So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, especially this of the household of faith.” (Galatians 6:10)
We are not taking a break from being the church, We are simply taking a break from gathering corporately in a large group as the church. We will continue to provide more information on a regular basis through email, social media, our website and app. Grace and Peace, Tim On behalf of the staff and elders
Info on how to watch the service live:
NO CORPORATE GATHERINGS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE