COVID-19 Updates & Resources
After much prayer and planning, we are excited to welcome you back to worship at MBCC! We have put many precautions and safety measures in place as a part of our regathering plan. Part of that plan is limiting capacity which requires everyone planning to attend to make an online reservation. Please make sure only one person in your party makes the reservation for everyone.
Beginning September 13th:
- We will offer two services: one at 8:45 am and one at 10:30 am.
- Live Stream: We will live stream both services. You can find the live stream on the MBCC website, MBCC app, Facebook, and Boxcast.
- Social Distancing and Face Masks: Each service will have limited capacity seating to allow for social distancing. Registration and face masks will be required to attend in person worship. We will also begin to offer programming for children.
- Nursery (infants-3 year old class):
- We will offer nursery at both services.
- Children will be divided into small groups based on age, and all classrooms will be sanitized prior to entry.
- These young children will not be required to wear a mask but all teachers will be wearing one. Temperatures of the children will be taken upon arrival.
- Kids’ Ministry (PreK-5th grade):
- We will offer kids’ worship for these students during the 8:45 am worship service only!
- Kids will be socially distanced in the fellowship hall for worship and masks will be required for the kids.
- We will also continue to send out the virtual kids worship playlist on Sunday mornings for those worshiping from home.
- PreK students must be 4 years old by September 1st.
- ALL children must be registered in advance and parents/guardians must be registered and attending the worship service in order to register children. Registration for children will close on Wednesday at 8:00 pm or when the worship service reaches capacity. Children who are not registered will not be allowed to attend nursery or kids’ programming.
- Registration will open on Monday mornings for the following Sunday.
We also ask that you please read the FAQs we have put together prior to attending. This will give you all of the details of where to park, where to enter, and more. Also, please note that in order to maximize our capacity and fit everyone in the chapel, we will be assigning seats, so you will not be able pick your seat when you arrive. Thank you for understanding.
We know some of you may not be ready to regather with us yet, and that’s perfectly fine! We want all of you to feel completely comfortable to return when you are ready. If you are in the high-risk category or not feeling well, we encourage you to follow the CDC guidelines and worship with us from the safety of your home. We will continue to provide a high quality streaming experience each week in addition to the weekly Kids’ Ministry worship material.
Info and Resources
- During this time, the church campus is closed. No meeting, events, or gatherings will occur until further notice.
- Each Sunday, we will show a live stream of the service at 10:30 am. We invite everyone to join us together live, but if you miss the live stream, you will be able to watch or listen to the sermon later anytime you wish. How to watch the live stream:
Visit this page of the MBCC website: https://www.mbcc.us/media/live/
Watch on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MBCCnews/
Watch on our MBCC app: You can download the app by searching Mountain Brook Community Church in your app store.
Roku or Apple TV Users: If you have Roku or Apple TV, we encourage you to follow these steps to watch the live stream directly on your TV.
- Download the “BoxCast” channel or app. Open the BoxCast app and click “Find an Organization.” Search Mountain Brook Community Church.
- That will take you to our page, and you will see where it has our Live and Upcoming Broadcast which will go live on Sunday morning at 10:25 am.
- Wednesday Round Table Discussion: some of the pastors will conduct a round table discussion about the prior Sunday’s sermon. This will be posted by mid-afternoon on Wednesdays, beginning March 18th, and can be found at this link or in your podcast feed.
May 29th Update from Tim Regarding Regathering
May 15th Message from Tim
May 1st Message from Tim
April 14th Message from Tim
April 10th Message from Tim – Easter
April 3rd Message from Tim – Holy Week
April 1st Message from Tim & Ben
March 28th Message from Tim
March 25th Round Table Discussion
March 24th Video: Message from Tim
March 21st Video: Update from Tim
March 20th Video: Tim with Drs. Stephen & Gretel Russell
Websites Referenced in the Video:
March 17th Video Statement
March 13th Statement
We want to inform you about some very important information about how we are responding to the global health pandemic known as the coronavirus (COVID-19). The staff and elders have made the decision for us to not gather corporately for worship services this Sunday, March 15. This difficult decision was made based on the best information we had from health professionals along with the strong recommendation from the Jefferson County Health Department.
It was reached after much prayer, deliberation and counsel. We believe that the best way we can care for those in our church family and surrounding communities, especially the most vulnerable, is to avoid gathering in large groups at this time in order to minimize the spread of the virus. However, our staff will be present this Sunday to live stream services at both 8:30 and 11:00. We invite you to join us for worship via Facebook, the MBCC website, or our app. If you have not done this before, please see the instructions below.
Although we will not gather corporately this week, we will no less continue to be the church in this challenging moment in history. Let us be a people of faith. While we exercise caution and wisdom, we do not succumb to fear. Rather, in the face of uncertainty we root ourselves in the steadfast love and faithfulness of God. We don’t deny the reality of the circumstances around us but our faith in God is the lens through which we view those circumstances.
We must also be a people of prayer. Let us call upon God. This is the perfect time to apply much of what we learned in our series, “Learn to Lament-Dare to Hope”. Turn to God in prayer before you turn to your phone for the latest update. Pray for those most affected by the pandemic. Pray for the health care workers. Pray for those in positions of authority who are making critical decisions. Pray that many would turn to God for hope.
And, let’s be a people of compassion. Consider ways you can practically care for others. The legacy of the early church is how they cared for others. This is a time for us to carry on that legacy. “So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, especially this of the household of faith.” (Galatians 6:10)
We are not taking a break from being the church, We are simply taking a break from gathering corporately in a large group as the church. We will continue to provide more information on a regular basis through email, social media, our website and app. Grace and Peace, Tim On behalf of the staff and elders
Info on how to watch the service live: